Civil War: Besieged & Betrayed
Experience all aspects of a 17th century civil war encampment at Corfe Castle, including drills and weaponry displays, led by Lord Hopton’s Regiment of Foote.
Seek out this period of the castle’s history with our must see dramatic re-enactment ‘The Betrayal’, which portrays the events of 1646 when the castle was finally taken.
Civil war timings: 11am living history, 12 noon pike and musket drill. 1pm Lady Bankes dines, 2pm pike and musket drill, 2.30pm small cannon fire, 3pm ‘The Betrayal’.
– This event is free, but normal admission charges apply for the venue.
– Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult
– Dogs on leads are welcome.
– The castle by its very nature has steep slopes, hidden drops, uneven paths and steps. Please take care as historical sites can be dangerous
– Please note that the musket fire can be very loud, not all dogs or young children appreciate it! Firing times are published in advance.
Event opening times and availability
9 September 2017 – 10:00 – 17:00
10 September 2017 – 10:00 – 17:00
LocationNational Trust Castle Castle
The Square, Corfe Castle, Dorset, BH20 5EZ United Kingdom
Disclaimer: The event details are believed to be correct at time of publication. Please check with the event organiser if you have any questions.