Swanage Railway Autumn Steam Gala 2016
During the Steam Gala an intensive timetable of both passenger and freight trains will be operated – giving visitors the opportunity to ride behind as many of the engines as possible, as well as giving great photo opportunities.
Some trains will be operating “over the road” to the River Frome Bridge – the current limit of our operations and a taste of next years trial service to Wareham.
We will also be operating our renowned Wessex Belle “Bistro” Dining Train on both Friday 14th and Saturday 15th October evenings. (Bookings close Wed 12th October 16:00) Very Limited Availability. http://www.swanagerailway.co.uk/the-friday-night-bistro
The award winning Purbeck Mineral and Mining Museum (next to Norden station) is open 11:00 – 17:00 (last admission 16:30) on all three days with a demonstration clay train using the 48DL Ruston and V skip wagons running on Friday and Sunday only. Admission is Free.
– The goods shed museum, exhibition and cinema coach at Corfe Castle station.
– The Book Wagon (second hand books and other printed artefacts) at Corfe Castle Station.
– The station buffets at Norden and Swanage with canopy and picnic area.
– The on board Micro Buffet on selected trains.
– The souvenir shop at Swanage with a wide range of gifts and souvenirs.
– Platform Traders and Swanage Railway Exhibition Stands at Swanage.
– The revised timetable below includes loco allocations.(Updated 10th October 2016)
Station House, Swanage, Dorset, BH19 1HB United Kingdom
Disclaimer: The event details are believed to be correct at time of publication. Please check with the event organiser if you have any questions.