Corfe Castle businesses have joined together to invite Dorset residents to include Corfe Castle village as a venue for their Christmas shopping. And to do so they have put together a great package.
Corfe Castle has always had some good gift shops selling the more unusual and individual gifts that aren’t found on the high street.
In 2015 there are many more reasons to visit Corfe Castle
- The Castle will be lit up for the first time adding to the colourful village lights and creating a magical atmosphere in the village.
- Purbeck Council has offered free car parking in West Street for the four Saturdays before Christmas
- There are events every Saturday starting with the Christmas lights “switch on” on Saturday 28 November at 5pm.
- Saturday 5th December at 2.30pm sees “Music in the Square “ from local band “Working Weekend”
- 12 December 12-4 the Boilerhouse Gallery has an Arty Bazaar with music and refreshments
- 19 December from 5pm there is a Village Christmas event with carol singing hot dogs and mulled wine
- Many local shops will open late on these Saturdays
To encourage a visit all the local businesses have funded a £400 PRIZE DRAW of a giant hamper and 6 separate prizes of meals/teas at Corfe Castles excellent pubs and restaurants. All visitors have to do is shop at 5 of the 18 businesses in Corfe, get a form signed and enter the free draw.
Steve Clarke, Chair of the Corfe Castle Chamber of Trade says, “Corfe Castle village is a wonderful place at any time but the lights our festivities committee put up are quite special. We want more people to visit and enjoy the atmosphere. Most of our shops offer gifts you can’t get elsewhere and will delight those who receive them.”
Corfe Castle gift shops include 2 Art Galleries and 2 Potteries, Seasons Green offering unusual gifts, a top quality Jeweller, a large National Trust shop, Castle Gemstones and Ginger Pop celebrating the 1950s and Enid Blyton.
– Boilerhouse Gallery
– Box of Delights
– Castle Gemstones
– Castle Inn
– Corfe Castle Village Stores
– Four and Twenty Blackbirds restaurant
– Gallery at 41
– Greyhound Inn
– Ginger Pop
– Ian Harris Pottery
– National Trust Shop
– Seasons Green
– The Sweet Shop
– Village Bakery
– Why Jewellers